The deadline to apply for financial aid for TEIMUN 2021 will be announced in the spring of 2021.
Make sure to follow the instructions below carefully as incomplete and / or late applications will not be considered.
Our Financial Aid Policy
Under certain conditions, the Board of TEIMUN may choose to financially aid participants in their participation in TEIMUN. In this way, our conference is made more accessible to those ambitious students who may not have the means to participate themselves. However, given the limited means of TEIMUN, financial aid can only consist of a partial or a complete refund of the TEIMUN conference fee.
Who Can Apply for Financial Aid?
1) All TEIMUN participants may apply for financial aid. That is, you must sign up for the conference and be accepted before you can apply.
2) If you would like financial aid, you must give the Board convincing evidence that you need it.
How Do I Apply?
If you wish to receive financial aid you should send an email to our Participants Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the following documents:
1) Your Resumé (C.V.)
2) A one-page Motivation Letter including why you need financial aid, including a clear indication of how much you think you will spend during TEIMUN.
3) A 1000-word essay on the conference topic.
4) A Letter of Recommendation sent separately to the Participants cCordinator by its author.
Once the Board has received your application, they will carefully consider it and decide if you will eligible for financial aid and how much. This decision is based on the quality of your essay, your CV, and the reasons you give us as to why you should get the aid. The board will let you know about their decision as soon as possible.
Other Terms & Conditions for Financial Aid
1) The board takes plagiarism very seriously. If it is discovered that one has copied parts of, or whole texts of others into their essay, the participant runs the risk of having their financial aid application as well as their entire participation cancelled.
2) The applicant has to meet the criteria for TEIMUN conference registration. These include being between 18 and 30 years of age, being enrolled as a university student, and having good command of spoken and written English (potentially assessed through a telephone or Skype call). Previous MUN excperience is an advantage.
3) The applicant for financial aid will be interviewed by the Participants Coordinator together with the Treasurer to verify the truthfulness of the reason for the request of financial aid;
4) The applicant must send all the requisite documents to the Participants Coordinator. Failure to do so will lead to a disregard of the application for financial aid.
5) Financial aid application can only be done, and will be assessed, on an individual basis. The Participants Coordinator and the Treasurer reserve the right not to consider delegation requests for financial aid.
6) At no time will financial aid be given out in cash.
7) The Board will only consider the forms of financial aid mentioned above; all other requests will not be honored.
8) The Board of Directors reserves the right to make any changes to the above terms as it sees fit without prior notification. Furthermore the Board reserves the right to grant or deny financial aid. This decision will always be based on a thorough examination of the individual application. It is therefore very important that the applicant provides the Board with the right documents when asked to do so, in a timely manner.