Applying for Financial Aid for TEIMUN
The deadline to apply for financial aid for TEIMUN 2020 is set on May 15th, 2020. Make sure that you have followed the instructions below carefully as incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Under certain conditions, the Board of TEIMUN may choose to financially aid participants to the conference in their participation in TEIMUN. In this way, our conference is made more accessible to those ambitious students who may not have the means to participate themselves.
However, given the limited means of TEIMUN, financial aid will be awarded with a maximum of 50% of the conference fee.
Who can apply
All TEIMUN participants may apply for financial aid. That is, you must sign up for the conference and be accepted before you can apply. Every application for financial aid must be an individual application.
If you want financial aid, you must give the Board convincing evidence that you need it.
How to apply
If you wish to receive financial aid you must sign up for TEIMUN and be accepted. Then you should send an e-mail to our Participants Coordinator (email@example.com), with the following documents:
– Your Resumé (C.V.)
– A one-page Motivation Letter about why you need financial aid, including a clear indication of how much you think you’ll spend during TEIMUN
– A 1000-word essay on the conference topic
– A letter of recommendation sent separately to the participants coordinator by its author
Once the Board has received your application, they will look at it and decide if you will get financial aid and how much. This decision is based on the quality of your essay, your CV and the reasons you give us why you should get the aid. The board will let you know as soon as possible whether you will get financial aid.
Terms and conditions
1. The board takes plagiarism very seriously. If it is found that one has copied parts of, or whole texts of others into your essay, the participant runs the risk of having their financial aid application as well as their entire participation canceled.
2. The applicant has to meet the criteria for applying for TEIMUN; these include;
3. Should be between 18 and 30 years of age;
3. Should be in University;
4. Should be of good spoken and written English (Spoken English can be assessed through a telephone call or via Skype);
5. Previous MUN experience is an added advantage.
6. The applicant for financial aid will be interviewed by the Participants Coordinator together with the Treasurer to verify the truthfulness of the reason for request for financial aid;
7. The applicant has to send all the requisite documents to the Participants Coordinator, failure to which the application for financial aid will totally be disregarded;
8. Financial aid application can only be done on an individual basis and not on a delegation basis; the Participants Coordinator and the Treasurer reserve the right to consider any delegation request for financial aid;
9. At no time will financial aid be given out in cash;
10. The board will only consider the forms of financial aid mentioned above; all other requests will not be honored;
11. The board of directors reserves the right to make any changes to the above as it sees fit without prior notification. Furthermore the board reserves the right to grant or deny financial aid. This decision will always be based on a thorough examination of the individual application. It is therefore very important that the applicant provides the Board with the right documents when they ask for them.
Should you have any questions concerning financial aid and applying for it, please contact our participants coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org