The European Model United Nations (TEIMUN) Foundation
Chamber of Commerce Number: 41012732
Postal Address: Postbus 41161, 9701CD Groningen, The Netherlands
Visiting Address: Pelsterstraat 23, 9711KH Groningen, The Netherlands
(1) The following Terms & Conditions cover all activity, online or not, relating the participation, correspondence and application to TEIMUN. By using the website www.teimun.org, applying and/or participating in the conference you are implicitly agreeing to the Terms & Conditions.
(1) These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to all services offered by The European Model United Nations (TEIMUN) conference, its Secretariat, and Staff jointly and severally in direct connection or association to The European Model United Nations (TEIMUN).
(1) All individuals registered as delegates at TEIMUN, must be under 30 years of age and enrolled in a University or Technical University.
- The Board of TEIMUN reserves the right to investigate the eligibility of any delegate and exclude, without refund, any individual determined to be ineligible for participation as a delegate. Any individual who does not meet the above criteria, which registers in affiliation with a university that s/he does not attend, or who is otherwise found to be in violation of the TEIMUN terms and conditions will be considered ineligible for participation and excluded from the conference.
- Delegations attempting to falsify the eligibility of delegates or otherwise found to be in violation of the TEIMUN terms and conditions will be excluded from participation in the conference, and may be considered ineligible for further participation in the year following the violation.
Registration and Payments
(1) Eligible participants may register fro TEIMUN during the specified registration period:
Registration period: 01 November 2017– 15 June 2018
(2) Persons can register either as individuals or as delegations of multiple participants.
- The eligibility for the conference or financial aid will be assessed individually.
(3) Registration via the website is automated and delegations should receive acknowledgement of their application within 3 business days of their application. Admittance status will be communicated within 7 business days of their application. Upon acceptance of an application, the registrant will receive login details for the TEIMUN website and will be directed to a secure payment portal where the payment can be made. Participants will have two weeks to complete payment, with right reserved to extensions at the digression of the TEIMUN Board of Directors.
(4) Individuals are responsible for their payment; this also applies to Delegations of multiple participants. Applications will be confirmed after the complete amount has been received.
(5) All fees have to be paid to TEIMUN via our online payment service after the acceptance of the online application within fourteen days. Failure to make payment within this time frame will automatically result in cancellation of the application.
(6) The conference fee is 150 Euro (EUR) per delegate with the first 40 delegates having to pay a discounted fee of 120 EUR. No other currency is accepted. The fee includes the registration fee, lunch, refreshments and coffee every day. This fee also includes an excursion, welcome drinks and a welcome goodie bag. Additional activities tickets are not included in the conference fee and will instead be available for sale through the website. The fee does not include costs for hotels, visas, dinner or any other cost you might have.
(7) The board of the TEIMUN foundation reserves the right to charge participants with any incurred transaction costs that proved to be not included in the amount paid by the participant.
(8) Should a registrant’s application be canceled due to failure to make payment within fourteen days of acceptance, they will be able to re-register.
(9) All registrations are done on a first come, first served basis. Due to limited availability at our conference venue, we cannot guarantee that applications will be accepted throughout the advertised registration process.
(1) In certain cases it is possible to have your conference fee refunded to you. This may be the case if you cancel your own registration or if your participation is no longer possible through a mistake or decision by TEIMUN.
The deadlines for refunds are as follows:
6 weeks or less before the start of the conference No Refund (€ 0,00)
8 to 6 weeks before the conference Half (€ 75,00)
9 weeks or longer before the conference Full (€150,00)
Please note that in case of a refund the board charges an administration fee of € 30,00
(1) Financial aid may be provided for to approved participants under certain conditions. The nature of the financial aid can be split into two categories:
- Partial or complete refund of the conference fee
- Accommodation organized and partly or fully paid for by the TEIMUN Foundation
(2) Eligibility for Financial Aid is tied to the eligibility to the conference. Any accepted participant may apply for Financial Aid, however certain criteria are used in order to determine who shall receive financial aid.
(3) All decisions regarding the granting of financial aid are final and the TEIMUN Foundation reserves the right to grant financial aid on how it sees fit.
(4) TEIMUN reserves the right to exclude specific individuals or groups of individuals from its financial aid program. TEIMUN excludes any legal actions on the side of the individual or group of individuals related to a possible exclusion. No exclusions shall be made on grounds including but not limited to gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
(5) Financial aid will be granted on a limited basis and according to the merit of the application and applicant, taking into consideration the applicant’s financial means, country of residence, country of origin, quality of application and other criteria.
(6) The financial aid application process and the necessary documents are outlined in the financial aid policy paper available through the website (www.teimun.org).
(7) Financial aid may only be granted in the forms mentioned in (1) and never in cash or as any other monetary payout.
(1) Participants are expected and obliged to obey the laws of the Kingdom of the Netherlands while participating in TEIMUN. Participants are personally responsible for all charges and damages to facilities of the conference and social events venues. Participants found to be in violation of these laws can be excluded from the conference at the digression of the TEIMUN Foundation.
(2) TEIMUN does not provide liability insurance for the protection of individuals or groups who participate in the conference.
(3) Each individual and group agreeing to these Terms and Conditions releases and discharges TEIMUN, its secretariat, and staff jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, liabilities, costs, obligations and demands, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and expenses for, upon or by reason of loss, damage, injury, or death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in any activities connected with TEIMUN. This involves especially compensation, in part or in whole, for losses, damages, injuries or death incurred at or in connection with TEIMUN.
(4) TEIMUN reserves the right to exclude specific individuals or groups of individuals from its offered services. TEIMUN excludes any legal actions on the side of the individual or group of individuals related to a possible exclusion. No exclusions shall be made on grounds including but not limited to gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
(1) TEIMUN reserves the right to use all data submitted by individuals via the website www.teimun.org, sent to TEIMUN by other ways, and collected during the conference and social events including video footage and photographs without limitations. TEIMUN reserves the right to collect data during the conference and social events including but not limited to personal data, video footage, and photographs without further notice.
(2) Personal data obtained during the registration and application process, the conference or any activity relating to TEIMUN may be used in a variety of ways:
- TEIMUN reserves the right to save, store and use the data of applicants and participants collected in connection with any activity relating to the attendance, registration or application to TEIMUN.
- Unless explicitly stated we will retain personal information and other data, in order to inform our participants and applicants of future developments of TEIMUN. One has the right to ask for the deletion of your data at any time.
- We reserve the right transfer your data, in anonymous form (without name and contact information), to sponsors and affiliates, for accounting and review purposes.
- Without explicit consent we will never transfer any identifiable data including contact information to any other entity except the successors of the TEIMUN foundation, the TEIMUN secretariat and/or possible sub-associations of the TEIMUN foundation.
(1) All information is provided by The European Model United Nations Foundation. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
(2) In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
(3) Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The European Model United Nations Foundation. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
(4) Every effort is made to keep the website functioning properly and running smoothly. However, The European Model united Nations Foundation takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues.
(5) Background Papers and other informational resources provided through the website pertaining to the nature of Model United Nation conferences or information regarding any nation provided for by the chairs of the councils and third party individuals is placed on the website with the assumption that approval has been granted for the use of any possible copyrights material included. The views expressed are those of the author(s) and are not intended to be those of The European Model United Nations Foundation and should not be taken as such
(1) Country assignment will take place during the application period, depending on the amount of accepted delegates. Priority in assignments will be given on the basis of past performance and early registrations. Submitting a country preference is not a guarantee of receiving this country assignment, and all decisions of the TEIMUN Foundation and/or Secretariat with regard to country assignments are final. The registration fee may not be refunded even if a delegation does not accept its country assignment.
(2) The TEIMUN Foundation reserves the right to remove spots from an already assigned country in the event that the delegation fails to fill all the assigned spots by the advertised deadline.
(3) Individual delegates are expected to be in their respective committee rooms during committee sessions. In order for delegates to leave their committee rooms for an extended period of time their Chair must be informed ahead of time.
(4) All delegates are expected to abide by the committee dress code (business attire).
Expulsion From the Conference
(1) The TEMIUN Foundation and/or the TEIMUN Secretariat reserves the right to immediately expel participants from both the conference and the conference venues due to unacceptable behavior or violation of these Terms and Conditions. The TEIMUN Foundation and/or the Secretariat reserves the right to define appropriate conference behavior and is particularly sensitive to issues involving displays of disrespect to or harassment of other delegates, or the conference staff.
Exceptions to the Terms and Conditions
(1) The Board of Directors of the TEIMUN Foundation and/or the Secretary General of the conference is the only actors empowered to grant exceptions to these policies or other general TEIMUN practices.
(2) TEIMUN is not liable for any erroneous statements made by other staff members regarding exceptions to fees or policies.
TEMUN claims copyright on all of the data available on the website www.teimun,org, including but not limited to the TEIMUN logo, format and screen design of the website, on all other data related to and released by TEMIUN, and on all contents created during or for TEIMUN, or those that are submitted to TEIMUN. TEIMUN claims copyright on all of its printed material. Some images on the website and printed material are used under license and may not be stored or reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder. All rights are reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without the permission in writing of The European Model United Nations Foundation.
Court of Jurisdiction and Validity of Terms
(1) The jurisdiction for all legal issues resulting from or related to this agreement and contractual relationships with the Stichting TEIMUN is, Groningen, The Netherlands, the place where the TEIMUN Foundation is registered.
(2) Even if any of the above terms should become ineffective, all remaining terms of this agreement remain legally binding.