The TEIMUN Board of Directors is a part-time Board, meaning that you are expected to spend about 8-12 hours every week on work related to your position. That way, you can easily combine a Board year with full time study and other extracurricular activities.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2021/2022 TEIMUN Board of Directors (you may apply for several positions), please send the following documents* to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Board Application [NAME]’ before Friday, April 30 2021, 23:59:
– A CV.
– A one-page motivation letter outlining your motivation to apply for the TEIMUN Board in general and your position(s) of choice in particular.
* We may ask you to submit additional documents after receiving your application.
– Past participation in a committee or a Board is welcome.
– General awareness about MUN is also welcome.
– You should be present in Groningen during the academic year.
What Are the Secretary’s Main Tasks?
– Preparing agendas and minutes of weekly meetings.
– Setting tasks for other Board members and following up on their completion.
– Upkeep of the TEIMUN website and sending newsletters.
– Preparation of registration forms.
– Organizing the Board’s documents, drives, and archive.
What Qualities Should a Secretary Possess?
– Being organized and systematic.
– Not being afraid to remind others where necessary and say no.
– Being flexible and able to think in the long-term.
What Skills Does a Secretary Get Out of the Job?
Being Secretary of the Board is a rewarding role. Not only do you end up understanding a lot about the other roles in a Board, you also learn to effectively handle a large amount of information and think systematically. Next to that, you learn how to work with a large number of different content-creation platforms and have a say in most aspects of organizing conferences and running the Foundation – all this being possible while you are a full time student.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.