TEIMUN 2019, The Hague
- TEIMUN, or the European International Model United Nations, is a conference held every summer in The Hague, the Netherlands, for students from all over the world.
- TEIMUN is the oldest MUN Conference in The Netherlands and continental Europe, with over 30 years of experience.
- TEIMUN 2019 will take place between July 15 and July 20
- TEIMUN strikes the perfect balance between a professional atmosphere and social interaction between the delegates. Our councils are interesting and inspiring for beginning and veteran MUN’ers alike, and our renowned parties and social events are just as much part of the conference as the sessions.
The theme for TEIMUN 2019 is “Vision 2020: Reforming the International System for a New Century.” From the changing climate on our planet, the increasing influence of non-state actors in international affairs, and the great technological developments that are currently ongoing in almost all spheres of society, the 21st century is already posing a lot of new questions. This, in turn, raises the question in what ways the system of international decision-making has to change in order to come up with appropriate answers to these questions. Now is the time to be creative, and also to dare to dream about a brighter future for international cooperation!
Why Join TEIMUN?
TEIMUN brings together young, ambitious visionaries from all over the world who can find new paths and new solutions to overcome contrary international ideals and national interests. Join us and share your ideas and explore unknown paths with students from all over the world!
- Participating in the week-long TEIMUN conference is a very valuable experience. You will learn a lot about the way international organizations, such as the UN, work and what it is like to represent a country and to defend its foreign policy.
- Socially, you will meet a lot of young enthusiastic people from all over the world who share in your international interersts. Getting to know each other has never been a problem at TEIMUN.
- You will also have ample opportunity to explore The Hague, the international city of peace and justice, with our wide range of (cultural) excursions.
The Hague: The Heart of National and International Governance
TEIMUN takes place in The Hague, the ‘international city of peace and justice’. It is home to the International Criminal Court, Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and many other organizations. The Hague is the governmental centre of the Netherlands as well. During the conference, the TEIMUN organization will organize excursions to several of such institutions.
The Hague has a lot to offer for eager tourists. Nearby is the beach at Scheveningen, where we organize the famous beach party every year. In the centre of The Hague you can visit the countless museums and witness the beautiful architecture of the city. For those of you who don’t have time to see the rest of The Netherlands, there is Madurodam, a miniature version of The Netherlands, where you can see all the characteristic features of Dutch culture.