The TEIMUN Board of Directors is a part-time Board, meaning that you are expected to spend about 8-12 hours every week on work related to your position. That way, you can easily combine a Board year with full time study and other extracurricular activities.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2021/2022 TEIMUN Board of Directors (you may apply for several positions), please send the following documents* to email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Board Application [NAME]’ before Friday, April 30 2021, 23:59:
– A CV.
– A one-page motivation letter outlining your motivation to apply for the TEIMUN Board in general and your position(s) of choice in particular.
* We may ask you to submit additional documents after receiving your application.
– Past participation in a committee or a Board is welcome.
– General awareness about MUN is also welcome.
– You should be present in Groningen during the academic year.
What are the President’s Main Tasks?
– Communicating and overseeing activities between the various organs of the Foundation.
– Directing the Board of Directors and enhancing their work.
– Being the face and point of reference of TEIMUN to the outside world.
– Motivating the team through hard times and developing new approaches when adversity strikes.
What Qualities Should a President Possess?
– Being communicative and organised.
– Having the ability to be persuasive and fair when dealing with conflicting interests.
– Understanding the institutional make-up of the various partners of TEIMUN.
– Being able to both set policy and integrate the demands of various organs.
What Skills Does a President Get Out of the Job?
After a year of being President you will have learned the nuances of maintaining relations and motivations of your team. It will help you to better understand institutional and personal relations, especially in areas where the two interlock. The function demands attention and care when cracks are spotted, and at times a delicate or firm hand to soothe problems, therefore teaching you the value of appropriateness and swiftness of action. The position is doable as a full-time student, but it can be irregular and you will need a flexible schedule.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.