The TEIMUN Board of Directors is a part-time Board, meaning that you are expected to spend about 8-12 hours every week on work related to your position. That way, you can easily combine a Board year with full time study and other extracurricular activities.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2021/2022 TEIMUN Board of Directors (you may apply for several positions), please send the following documents* to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Board Application [NAME]’ before Friday, April 30 2021, 23:59:
– A CV.
– A one-page motivation letter outlining your motivation to apply for the TEIMUN Board in general and your position(s) of choice in particular.
* We may ask you to supply additional documents after receiving your application.
– Past participation in a committee or a Board is welcome.
– General awareness about MUN is also welcome.
– You should be present in Groningen during the academic year.
What Are the Treasurer’s Main Tasks?
– They keep an overview of the financial situation within the Foundation, together with the Audit Committee.
– They process all payments, and do bookkeeping.
– They create budgets for all conferences, the TEIMUN Society, and for the Foundation itself.
– They use these budgets to subsequently formulate a financial year plan and execute it.
– Finally, it is their task to make sure that the budgets are adhered to.
What Qualities Should a Treasurer Possess?
– Being organized and systematic.
– Not being afraid to remind others where necessary and say no.
– Experience with bookkeeping is advantageous.
What Does a Treasurer Get Out of the Job?
Being a treasurer means that you have a somewhat different role to the other Board members, as your work is spread out over the year instead of around the conferences. Moreover, you gain a background in bookkeeping, budgeting, and writing a financial report. As the year progresses, you become more confident in your abilities. Finally, you get an incredible experience from organising these conferences, as you get to meet a lot of new people.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com